- Join the NMRA
- Renew Membership
- About the NMRA
DCC Decoder Test System
- DCC Decoder Test Information
- Testing Procedures
- Packet Script Software and Scripts
- DCC Track Protocol Analyzer (Zip file) (Track Protocol Analyzer requires additonal hardware)
- DCC Analyzer Protocol Analyzer (3rd Party web site)
The Conformance and Inspection Committee has developed several test devices for the purposes of assisting both the manufacturers and the committee in performing our tests. Please note that these tools are only aids. The NMRA Standards and Recommended Practices define the requirements, these results of these tools are but one factor in the testing process.
The NMRA developed the DCC Decoder Test Board and accompanying software (referred to below as the DCC Decoder Test System) as part of it's Conformance testing process for DCC Decoders. The DCC Decoder Test System is one component of the NMRA's overall DCC Decoder testing process. It is used to test a mobile or accessory DCC decoder, and when properly used, it verifies that the decoder meets the baseline NMRA DCC standards S-9.1.1 and S-9.2.
The Decoder Test System is designed to utilize older PC components that many users already have in excess quantity. The Decoder Test Board is installed in an empty ISA slot in an IBM compatible PC, and the accompanying software runs on MS-DOS or in the DOS box of a Microsoft Windows 95 system. More details on the specific requirements can be found in the Decoder Test Board Manual below.
- Decoder Test Board Manual
- NMRA C&I DCC Test Board Theory of Operation
- Conformance Test Board Drivers Version X.2.10 self extracting .zip file
- Decoder Test System Software Beta 4.1 (Application & Documentation in self-extracting ZIP file - 252KB)
- Decoder Test System Software Beta 4.1 (Full - including source code in self-extracting ZIP file - 6,392KB)
- Baseline Test Procedures in .pdf format (Adobe Acrobat)
- Locomotive Decoder Test Procedures in .pdf format (Adobe Acrobat)
- Accesory Decoder Test Procedures in .pdf format (Adobe Acrobat)
- Command Station Test Procedures in .pdf format (Adobe Acrobat)
- DOS Packet Script Version .095 (ZIP file)
- DOS Packet Script Source Code Ver. 095 (ZIP file)
- MAC Packet Script Version 1.1 (SIT file)
- Test Scripts (Not yet available)
- For more information on the current version of any test tool please send email to email@example.com.