SECTION 7. Photo Contest Rules
- Definition – Competitive event for photographs; all entries shall be judged by a team of experienced judges in accordance with the current Photo Contest Judging Guidelines.
- Additional Requirements – In addition to the general requirements listed under General Contest information the following also apply.
- Photos produced using either film or digital cameras are permitted.
- Each member shall be limited to a maximum of ten (10) entries with a maximum of five (5) entries in one category.
- Prints shall be mounted on flat, rigid board or matted with similar material - no folders or glass frames are allowed. Photo and mount shall not exceed 12" x 16" (30cm x 40cm) in size. Minimum mount size is 8" x 10" (20cm x 25cm) and minimum print size is 5" x 7" (13cm x 18cm).
- Slides must be in standard 2" by 2" (5cm x 5cm) mounts, and shall be marked on the lower left-hand edge as the slide is viewed. (See figure 1). This puts the mark on the top outside edge when the slide is correctly oriented and loaded in a carousel for projection.
- Prints shall have the entrant's name on the back; slides shall have the entrant's name on the mount. Prints may be titled on the front. Prints with the entrant's name on the front will not be accepted.
- Exposure of the original slide or photo must have been made by the entrant and cannot have won a first place at any previous National Convention
- Categories – Each entry shall be placed in a single category as follows:
- Model–Black & White Print
- Model–Color Print
- Prototype–Black & White Print
- Prototype–Color Print
- Display Only – Not to be judged
- Place Awards – Plaques shall be given for first, second and third Place in each category. Honorable Mention Certificates may be awarded at the discretion of the judges.
- NMRA Special Awards – Best of Show Award – Shall be awarded to the photo judged to be the best entry.
- Contest Entry Form, (#901)