- Join the NMRA
- Renew Membership
- About the NMRA
Model Railroad Layout Tours: HO Scale M-Z
- Madison Railroad: Various pictures taken on my home layout.
The pictures show detail and other interesting aspects that can be
modeled by others.
(10/30/98)(Dates shown are original entry dates.)
- Madison and Southern Railroad:
The Milwaukee Road in Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois during the early 1970's.
- Manitou and Southwestern Railway:
An HO replica of the
SL&SF's Western Division, Hobart Subdivision and depicts Southwestern
OK's prairie cities of Snyder, Manitou, and Frederick during the hard
times of the 1930's. Prototype info also. (6/30/97)
- The Mannchilde, Karl's Grove, and Winchestertonfieldville Railroad:
The official homepage of the MKG&W. Full layout specs and tour, along
with projects, tips, and prototype photos.
- Märklin Project Railroad by Peter Funck:
This site is about
Peter's on-going model railroad project, concerning a computer operated
Märklin M track layout. (3/11/02)
- Marty Edwards' 400 Route - (freelance CNW) by Chuck Auclair:
Marty Edwards' 400 Route is a freelance of the Chicago Northwestern-CNW.
A railroad empire in a small basement.
- Mary Lindsay Railroad:
Developing Model Railroad dedicated to modeling Amtrak Trains and
Honoring the source of inspiration; Mary Lindsay.
- Mesquite Belt Railroad:
Modeling the MKT's Houston to Ft. Worth line. Housed in a 20' x 40' MKT designed depot.
- The Metro-Valley Lines:
A commuter railroad that serves a large city and suburbs. DCC and
- Metusa Junction Switching Layout:
A tour of a switching layout modeled loosely after Southern Pacific that
has the size 2 x 5 ft in H0. Includes pictures. Is in English and Dutch
language, therefore international. (7/9/00)
Western Maryland: The layout unfortunately had to be
dismantled several years ago, so it only lives on in several boxes and a
number of photos. (7/23/97)
Midwest Lines Railroad:
Rolf Plachter's prototype
freelanced-Union Pacific 1964 era layout has panoramic views of five
major towns. The layout was featured on the Tracks Ahead television
program as Series 4, Episode 8. (5/05/01)
Mike's Hobby Homepage: A B&M based Model Railroad:
Pictures and layout history of my B&M based Model Railroad with DCC
installation tips and details of other projects. (6/13/01)
- Miniatur Wunderland Hamburg:
Model railroad layout Miniatur
Wunderland Hamburg located in the Speicherstadt, the largest H0
model railroad layout in the world.
- Minnipa, South Australian Railways:
model based on the 3'6" gauge Port Lincoln Division, with extensive
background information on the prototype. (7/9/99)
The Mississippi Alabama & Gulf: Cliff Powers' free-lanced triple deck MA&G layout
depicting rural southern Mississippi and New Orleans in 1955.
- Model Railroad Page:
15 x 13 HO scale industrial (steel
mill)/manufacturing layout - track plan and photos of layout
- Modelspoorteam, Dutch railway modellingteam:
Different railway projects as "Vinkeveen" and "Trinité s/M". Already shown on exhibitions
around Europe. (5-23-06)
- Modellbahn "Schynige Platte - Luzern":
Take a H0 scale
trip through the Swiss Alps on racks and narrow gauge.
- Mohawk, Salem and Kennsington Railroad:
Tom Wortmann's HO
scale model railroad modeled in the 1960's era using walk around
control (not DCC), computer generated waybills, and a point to point
- Mopac Mike's Iron Mountain Division:
railroading in the Missouri Ozarks in the 1960's-1970's on the
free-lanced Iron Mountain Division.
- My HO French layout (Mon réseau HO):
Layout, several photos
from the model and locomotives description. Links to "stamps and
railway" available on this site. (French/English) (3/10/99)
- New England Berkshire & Western Railroad:
This site is
dedicated to providing information to modelers, which makes the
modeling that much more interesting. (4/20/00)
- [Jim Packer's] Nevadun Railroad:
A tour of MMR#124 Jim Packer's
17X30 HO layout, featuring near floor to ceiling mountains, rivers,
waterfalls, and scratchbuilt structures.
- Nickel City Line Railroad: The Nickel City Line operates between Harrisburg and Ridway
Pennsylvania. Visit the NCL website and learn more about this
shortline railroad. (8/7/02)
- Norfolk & Western Waynesboro VA. DuPont:
This is the city of Waynesboro, it's DuPont plant and other DuPont plants and coal mine
required to service the Ollon facility in 1960. (2-18-08)
Northend Elkhorn Extension:
The HO Scale North end Elkhorn
Extension is my sixth version of the Clinchfield's fabulous North end
coal region. The layout models 36 prototype miles of railroad from Dante
yard, VA, North to Elkhorn Yard, KY.
- NSW Railway's Sapphire Coast Line and Bombala Branch:
Russell's HO Gauge layout, modeled in the 1960's period of the New South
Wales Railway's Sapphire Coast Line's operation.
- New York Central Miller Place Subdivision: Las Cruces, NM. The NYCMPS is a small U shape switching layout being built in a pantry closet. (4-12-12)
- NYC Janesville Branch:
A free lanced HO 10'6" X 4'6" 2 track
main, elevated spur etc. layout. All photos were taken with a digital
camera. Steam, Smoke and backdrop effects were done by computer.
- The Ogdensburg and Norwood Rwy.: Circa 1948 freelanced layout in HO scale, double deck with 400+ feet of mainline. Bridge traffic line between Canada through Ogdensburg on the St. Lawrence south to Pittsfield, Mass and interchange with the New Haven. (10-19-09)
- Old Town: An 'OO' gauge 4mm layout, set in the period from
BR blue up to BR sectorisation. (9-19-04)
- Old Woman in the Back Bedroom - NYO&W in HO:
based double-deck New York, Ontario & Western layout set in 1953.
Compact track plan makes the most of spare room. (12/10/01)
- Ontario Western Lines: This bedroom-sized layout is under construction and I invite visitors to explore the line as it goes up. Construction articles and tip help
other beginners avoid the mistakes that I may make.
- Ontonagon & Western Historical & Technical Society:
A look into
the wonderful and colorful history of this model railroad in two
different scales, HO and N scales. (3/12/00)
- Paliz Bay Railway & Navigation Co.:
Pacific Coast Line railroad, based near Santa Cruz, California - layout
construction photos, rail e-passes and other information.
- Paradise Valley Railroad: HO scale model railroad depicting areas around southwest Washington. Inludes great railroads from the 60's and 70's such as the BN, UP, GN & NP. (12-7-08)
Patrick's Railway Page: A page of PRR and Swedish model railroads from
an English perspective. (3-28-06)
- [Larry Reynolds'] PRR Altoona Area: The Pennsylvania Railroad modeled from Tunnelhill to Huntingdon, including the Altoona yards and facilities as well as Horseshoe Curve. (1-22-08)
- Pennsylvania Railroad's Schuylkill Division:
A Sectional HO Railroad depicting a Class A Eastern Pennsylvania railroad serving
industrial and rural Pennsylvania in the 1930-1959 era.
- Pennsylvania Southern Railroad: Bob Weinheimer's freelance Pennsylvania Southern, a 1980 era layout set in southwestern Pennsylvania (1-19-08)
- [Jeff Warner's] PRR/RDG/WM South Central Region:
The PRR/RDG/WM South Central Region represents the Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR), Reading Railroad
(RDG), and Western Maryland Railway (WM) in South Central Pennsylvania and Maryland.
It is an HO scale layout comprised of two decks in a 22' x 36' basement, set in the transition era of
the mid 1950's with electric, steam and diesel locomotives. (11/24/08)
- [Steven Mallery's] PRR Buffalo Line:
Operation-based HO Scale model railroad featuring PRR from Enola, PA to Buffalo, NY.(12-21-07)
- [Jim Hertzog's] RDG Shamokin Div:
The Shamokin Division of the Reading Railroad is a HO scale layout modeled in the steam to diesel
transition era from 1952-1957. The 300 foot double-tracked mainline replicates the Reading’s upstate anthracite coal
region operations between the towns of Tamaqua and Shamokin, Pennsylvania.
- Philadelphia & Delaware County RR:
Rendition of the Newtown
Square Branch of the PRR in the steam to diesel transition era.
- Piedmont & Western Railroad:
Photos of Jack Parker's large HO
coal hauling railroad in Charlotte, NC. (5/16/01)
- Pieter's NS Quest:
The continuing story of one man's
rediscovery of model railroading through the recreation of the commuter
line he used as a teenager in Holland.
- Piet Brijs Railroad Pages & Layout Tour:
Pictures and a
description of my Märklin layout. (1/28/99)
- Pittsburgh Model Railroads:
Model railroads in the
southwestern Pennsylvania area, members of NMRA MCR Division 2 - The
- Pittsburgh & Lake Erie - Designing Steve's Model Railroad:
Seeking input and sharing ideas and information related to designing a
model railroad layout centered on the Pittsburgh and Lake Erie Railroad
in and around Pittsburgh. (3/11/02)
- Pittsburgh and West Virginia & Union Railroad: A multidecked railroad with 4 levels. The P&WV is on one deck with the Union RR and steel mill are located on the upper deck. Many prototype recreated scenes are located on both railroads. A helix connects all decks. Operation designed and operated. Active interchanges are used between the railroads. (8-20-09)
- Plum Creek Railroad:
A short branchline railroad connecting the PRR, B&LE and the Turtle
Creek Railroad. An 11' x 12' layout designed for through traffic and
industrial switching. (9-16-03)
- [Ken Nelson's] Poco Valley Lines:
A tour of Ken Nelson's
fictional Poco Valley Lines set in the Northeastern United States in the
50's and 60's. (3/11/02)
Washington & Dubuque RR: Depicting a fictional Lake Michigan
to Mississippi river line. Steam diesel transition era. (9/26/98)
- Prescott &
Madawaska: Chris Butler's basement HO scale empire that he has
been working on for the past few years, with track plan and more.
& Sedro Woolley: Jack Pettee's HO freelanced railroad set in
the western foot hills of the Cascade Mountains, state of Washington,
August 1956. (6/30/97)
- Providence &
Worcester: A 42' x 25' layout based on operations from Worcester, Ma to Fresh Pond Yd in Queens, New York, with trackage rights on Amtrak's NEC. Dispatcher controlled CTC center, Photos and info.
- PRR Allegheny Division
- French Creek Branch Line:
- [Jerry Britton's] PRR Middle Division: Etters, PA. The Pennsy main line at Lewistown, Pa., on the famed Middle Division in the 1950s. Lewistown and Milroy secondaries add lots of local activity. (3-28-13)
PRR northeast corridor HO layout:
A small HO Layout of a big City on the
Northeast Corridor line Featuring live catenary, Skyscrapers large
factories and a trolley system. (6-16-04)
- Purgatory & Devil River Railroad:
The Official web site of the Purgatory & Devil River Railroad. Contains information on both divisions. The Purgatory Division is in Paul Richardson's home. The El Lobo Division is in Duane Richardson's home. The Richardsons are a father and son team of narrow gauge model railroaders.
- R.A.D: Watch our layout being built. We have sold R.A.D. and are
moving to a new home and are looking forward to starting
- Rainier Great Western Railway & Navigation Company:
is a fantasy railroad dedicated to HO modeling and prototype operations
along Milwaukee's abandoned line in Western Washington. (6-12-05)
- The Railway Station:
The Union Pacific 1940-1955: The Union Pacific in the Dalles,
OR. Model projects, rosters, photo features, layout tour, movies,
timetables and more. (5-31-04)
- Rays Trains:
Information about the HO scale American outline RR of Ray Lucas. (9-24-06)
- RC Lines: 12x8 L shaped HO layout. Freelance layout located in garage. (9-20-09)
Hills Subdivision: A fictional written account of a trip around
one man's Santa Fe HO model railroad. (6/30/97)
River City and Western:
Home double-deck layout designed for operations. (1-20-08)
An HO scale representation of Arizona, by a
group of modelers from Exeter, England.
- [Jeff Taylor's] Rockaway Southern: A freelanced HO scale model railroad, the Rockaway Southern runs from South Plainfield to Sparta, NJ with branches to Wharton and Denville. (3-10-09)
- Rocky Mountain
Division: David Zuhn's under construction layout of the Northern
Pacific and Montana Rail Link. (8/22/97)
Mountain & Santa Fe: Jim Milliron's HO scale representation
of the prototype ATSF at Raton, NM. Operations represent the daily
transcontinental passenger and regional freight traffic circa 1958. (8/13/97)
Trains: Rod Tonkin's HO scale Conrail / CSX layout "Martindale
Creek" and Australian railways photos. (4/22/00)
Diego Model Railroad Clubs: Multiple model railroad clubs
sharing one building and representing most modeled scales, including
- Sandpoint Junction:
Site about my model railroad "Sandpoint Junction".
Also contains scratch building walk-throughs for buildings, bridges and
electrical circuits. (8-27-04)
- Santa Fe Industrial Switching Layout:
A freelance HO switching layout
in a 13' x 18' space. Pages on design philosophy, construction methods
and operations. Detailed track plan. Some photos. (8-31-04)
- Santa Fe "Knowcents" Railroad:
This double-deck Santa Fe layout runs from Chicago, Illinois to Richmond,
California. Time period is transition era. Layout is DCC
- Santa Fe Railroading in the 1970s: Stephen Priest's railroad depicts the
ATSF across the Kansas heartland.
- Saskatoon Layout
Tour: A set of photos of train layouts in and around Saskatoon,
Saskatchewan. Most of the pictures are of layouts belonging to members
of the Prairie Rail Workshop. (10/1/97)
Fanelli's Train Page: Illustrates a Märklin and HAG HO model
train layout. Contains descriptions, pictures and diagrams of the
- Shady Valley Railroad - HO-Gauge:
Fictitious railroad in New York State. You
can do a lot in a small space. (12-27-03)
- Shadow Mountain
Railroad: Bob Young Jr.'s freelanced Boston & Maine layout
featuring the fictional town of Shadow Mountain. (10/28/99)
- Sierra Western &
Santa Fe Railroad: Rick Fortin's large HO scale Santa Fe layout
with tons of information and tours. (6/30/97)
- Sierra Western Railroad:
A large HO scale layout designed for
prototypical operation. (7-2-01)
Division of the Union Pacific: A freelanced double track
railroad modeling Union Pacific in H0, from end of steam to the last
Model Railroad Layout Building: 01-01-2000 I started building an
H0 layout with just some rails, trains, wood and my imagination to
South Central Railway: A website dedicated to the fictional South
Central Railway. (3/11/02)
- Southern Pacific's
Siskiyou Line: Joe Fugate's HO layout modeling the Southern
Pacific's Siskiyou Line in southern Oregon during the 1980s.
- St. Claire & Lazywood Railroad: Welcome to the St. Claire and Lazywood Railroad blog.
Feel free to browse and offer suggestions or comments.
Connection: Based on the actual Streator Connection between
the former Conrail and Santa Fe connection in Streator, Illinois, this
HO layout sees motive power from both carriers in the early
- Superior Northern & CPR Schreber Division:
Lake Superior & Northern Railway and connecting CPR Schreiber Division
by Peter and Bob Winterton. ML2003 and LDSIG tours. (8-7-03)
Bethlehem and Lehigh Valley: A smaller freelanced HO layout loosely
based around the steel industry in the Lehigh Valley of PA.
Pine Railroad: A
steam era railroad that stretches 24' x 14' and pays careful attention
to detail. (5/21/01)
- Tamlapais Valley Railroad: HO model railroad depicting a fictional
division connecting Sausalito and Truckee across California allowing me to model my favorite railroad
and favorite scenic areas, the Marin headlands and the High Sierra.
- Terrible Tom's Train Page:
Old HO basement layout. Planning and
construction of new Rockville layout from ground up. (3-25-05)
- Teton Short
Line: A large home layout in HO, growing since 1965. We share
our technology experiences with electronics, signaling, computers and DCC.
Creek & Western: A West Virginia shortline as it was in 1942. Historically accurate, but it never existed.
- Trewsville Southern Railroad: HO Scale Model Railroad that
runs from Raingold, GA, to Trewsville, GA, with connections to the Mid-America &
Northwestern Railroad at Stewartsville, GA.
La Passion des Trains / Trains Passion:
French model railroad layout tour, showing it is possible to get this passion very young and keep it through
the years. (French/English) (1-13-08)
- Triang Hornby Collection: A Description of a portable Triang Hornby
Collection layout that can be seen on the exhibition circuit. The site also contains a small spare parts and
sales area. (11-15-05)
- Fred Miller's Trolley Models:
Photo review of multiple traction modules as well as project descriptions (12-15-07)
- TCDD - Turkish State Railway - 1975:
North-Western Turkey in miniature in the mid-1970's, at a time when steam was still king.
- U. P. & Western Railroad: Bob Frey's U.P. & WESTERN HO layout is
two model railroads with switching between them complete with operations,
signaling and DCC. (9-11-04)
Pacific Cascade Subdivision: Bill Kosanda's free-lanced HO
railroad set in southern Oregon. Layout design, photos, electronic
rail pass exchange and operations description. (5/5/01)
Colorado Western: The UCW is a freelanced bridge route between
Salt Lake and Denver. Featured in Model Railroader May 1999 and Keller Video #27.
- VIA Rail
Canada on the Kingston Subdivision: A model railway recreating VIA Rail
Canada's equipment and operations between Toronto and Montreal.
Lines Railroad Company: Kevin Wagner's HO layout set in the
Eastern US. (11/2/97)
- Waldovia State Railways:
A OO scale model railway that resists
being modelled on any fixed period or location.
Northern: A OO scale model railway that resists
being modelled on any fixed period or location.
- Washington Northern - Port Andrews Tideflats District: Fife, Washington. Freelanced HO scale switching layout set in the fictional city of Port Andrews, Washington on the Olympic Peninsula.. (1-5-11)
- The Western Pacific Railroad: A highly
detailed free-lanced version of the Western Pacfic Railroad. Set in 1930's, this shortline railroad
is filled with great scenic elements and operation.
- [Dudler's] Westport
Terminal RR: Westport Terminal RR (freelance private
layout in modules). Der Bahnhof Naumburg (H0 - model and prototype).
- West-Midwest Union Pacific and Santa Fe HO Scale Model RR: The West-Midwest Union Pacific and Santa Fe model railroad is a free-lanced model railroad based on the 1950's transition era. The locale is set to be a typical Midwest city (inspired by Chicago) and small California and western towns typically traveled by the Union Pacific and Santa Fe railroads. (3-9-09)
Lynx Railroad (WLX): Brian Keay's fictional model railroad.
- Wuerttembergische Staatsbahnen: Friedrichshafen-Hafenbahn in 1920. Royal
Württemberg State Railways of Germany in the era 1846 - 1920.
Division Of The Lehigh Valley Railroad: The layout is set in
1975, just before the onset of Conrail. (9/24/99)
- Wyoming Valley Railroad: Freelanced railroad connecting with the Lehigh Valley Railroad.
Anthracite mining and urban modeling featured.
- Yorba &
Southwestern RR: Take a look at this desert gold mining
operation set in the early 1960s. This is a portable, 4x8 HO scale
layout built by Corey Hatch. (5/18/00)
This section maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org updated: March 31, 2013