- Join the NMRA
- Renew Membership
- About the NMRA
Model Railroad Layout Tours: HO Scale A-L
Abrams Railroad Empire: Walk-around; operations focus; car card &
DCC; 21 industries, 5 yards, 7 towns, and 2 interchange tracks; freelance model
of the "Anachronistic Era." (3-18-05)
(Dates shown are original entry dates. MO/DAY/YR)
Reichsbahn Gruppe: HO Finescale layout based in England based on
a small German border town in Oberbayern during the 30's. (6/18/02)
- Alvin All-Star Railroad: An educational experience designed to
teach social studies, local history, and science content to a third
grade class under the umbrella of model railroading.
- [Angelo Battistella's] Tall Pine Railroad: The world famous
American style layout in Italy. (10/28/99)
- [David Holsinger's] Any Time Any Spring Railroad: Cleveland, TN. (3-15-13)
ATSF and Route 66: A Model Railroad of the Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe (ATSF)line set in
1953 - 1954 along stretches the famous Route 66 highway.
- Arcadia and Betsey River Ry.:
A standard gauge layout depicting logging operations in the Pacific Northwest circa 1953
featuring geared locomotives with DCC and sound.
- Aroostook Valley Model Railroad:
HO scale model of the AVR in the Fall 1967. Presque Isle to West Caribou
- The B & FE Railroad INC.:
The web site contains information on model railroading projects and DCC information.
It also contains proto type pictures of modern railroad equipment.
- Badger Creek Lumber Company:
Badger Creek Lumber Company is an HO logging layout, featuring
Shay,Climax & Heisler loco's. This detailed layout was featured in Model
Railroading Magazine Aug/Sept 2000. (5/05/01)
- Balboa Granada & Eastern:
Originally chartered in California, the BG&E relocated to the Northeast
as an operations-oriented freelanced 1941 era coal, freight, passenger
- Bear Mountain Southern Pacific:
HO scale fictitious railroad belonging to George Watson of Guelph,
Ontario, Canada, depicting the upper west coast of North America in the
years 1945 to 1975. (8/20/02)
Bethlehem Steel Home Layout:
Pictures of my home layout, the real Bethlehem Steel and the Philadelphia Bethlehem & New England
- Bicci & Onri RailRoad of MickTerry.com: Backwoods shortline/logging railroad.
Enginehouse fire. 27 realistic photos published: RMC/Walthers. Diorama displayed: museums,
libraries, train shows, live steamers (MD/CA).
- Blood Sweat & Tears Railroad:
This highly-detailed switching layout is set between 1938-1952. There
are more than 100 photos of this 12x16 layout.
- Blue Ridge Connection:
An informative pictorial overview of an HO Scale home layout depicting
railroading in the Blue Ridge Mountains. (4/4/98)
- BNSF Fall River Division: A modern proto-freelance version of the BNSF Railway set in the year 2000. (10-12-09)
- BNSF modern western layout: A virtual tour of
Milan Matejka's small HO scale BNSF model railroad. This layout from Czech Republic.
- Bonaventure & Chambly:
Freelance HO layout depicting eastern Canada. CN (Class 1) and
St-Lmabert & Chambly (Short-line).
- The Bona Vista Railroad: Gerry Leone's freelanced
railroad, set in the Upper Midwest of the '50s. Frequently updated with
lots of construction and scenery photos. (7/9/00)
- Byron Creek:
An HO scale layout modeled on the railways of New South Wales,
- Bywater Railroad:
model railroad layout site with photos and text showing the building
- Camas Prairie Rails:
A site dedicated to preserving the
history of Idaho's Shortline on Stilts. Featuring my Camas Prairie
switching layout. (10-11-03)
- Cape Ann Rail System (Maine): An HO-scale model railroad providing freight and passenger services throughout Maine. Set in 1981, the site provides description, timetables, schedules, string diagram, photos, rule book, construction notes. (4-23-13)
- CapotrenoGio's model trains and railway layout: Italian web site. Many pictures of model trains (Lima, Rivarossi...)and layout photogallery. Old catalogues of Lima Trains. The Layout Building. Calendar Hobby Model expo in Italy. (1-30-09)
- The CB&Q in Wyoming: This site has information and photos on
the CB&Q in Wyoming, and the model railroad being constructed based on
- Chessie System - C&O Mountain Subdivision VA.: Ho scale
railroad set in the mid 1980's on ex C&O Mountain Subdivision. Layout
primarily focuses on area between Charlottesville and Staunton, VA.
- Chessington (Chalk Lane):
This is an E.M.layout based on the ex-Southern Railway unfinished branch
line in Surrey (England). It is named Chessington (Chalk Lane) and
features the Art Deco style of architecture. (5/18/00)
- HO large city: Hundreds of pictures from the building of a
large city model railway, large dioramas, pictures from different model
railway events, and many more.
Clinchfield RR In Florida: Modeling the Clinchfield, in HO
gauge. Real photos of Clinchfield RR. (7/9/00)
- Columbia River Steel Corp:
The hypothetical HO CRSC, located
in Eden Prairie, MN, is the focus of a section of Milwaukee Road
mainline west of the Twin Cities. Features heavy industry, such as a
blast furnace. (7/5/00)
- Coon Rapids Subdivision : Jeff and Isaiah Comfort's Model Railroad. A freelance HO scale, two level railroad built in a 10' X 18' finished spare bedroom. My second layout, this layout is designed as an around-the-room style main level loop with the second level as an industrial switching branchline. I am updating this blog style page as often as we work on this layout. (12-10-08)
- CSX East Rail Layout: Prototype layout
based on CSX's industrial switching operations in Miami, FL.
CSX's Philadelphia Subdivision Layout:
Bruce Friedman's HO layout models
modern CSX from Philadelphia to Baltimore. Full operations with a double
track helix and DCC. (5/24/99)
Cumberland Southern Lines: Contains corporate history,
operating methodology, assorted forms, a detailed track plan, a system
map, and over 2 dozen photos. (1/28/99)
- The CyberSpace Railroad Museum:
A 4x8 fantasy them has led this builder to construct a museum layout
that will feature a variety of motive power and equipment through
multiple eras of railroading.
- Dagus and Rockwood HO Scale Railroad:
It is a highly detailed HO scale modeling of the 1930's and 40's, freelanced, but in and around Central Pennsylvania.
- DM&IR Project Layout In HO:
Watch the Duluth, Missabe and Iron Range in
HO Scale progress from benchwork to its current state. Includes LDE's of
Missabe sites, prototype and model information and layout building
- D&K Railroad:
Layout built entirely from styrofoam; All hand made trees; All trestles
and buildings and their materials made from scratch.
- D&R Division of Norfolk
Southern Modelers: A private 8' by 29' modular layout in HO
scale that travels to a variety of shows. Highlights include DCC with
NCE and computer automated trains. Over 115 Norfolk Southern
D&S Lines: D&S Lines is a freelance layout built over
the last 10 years and rebuilt in Nov. 2000. (3/28/02)
- Deadwood City (Co.) Railroad:
A small (6'x6'9") HO scale
freelance layout based in the Colorado area featuring Santa Fe and Rio
Grande operation. (3/12/00)
- del Roy Creek Railroad:
the del Roy Creek is a fictitious freight hauling shortline based in the
- Dennis Glynn's Union Pacific Layout:
A two level model railroad based on the Union Pacific.
- Diavastes Train Station - HO & O Railroad Layout Tour: Home
page containing both HO and 027 layouts. Complete with detailed
drawings, links to popular sites (including NMRA), Downloads, ideas and
of course - photographs. (10/01/01)
- Dudler's Homepage:
Westport Terminal RR (freelance private
road name layout in modules) and the Bahnhof Naumburg (model and
A layout built in the UK.
- Eagle Pass & Moose Lake Railroad:
The Eagle Pass is an
intermountain connecting road that links the Southern Pacific (my
favorite road) with an imaginary medium sized town (Eagle Pass) served
regionally by the EP & ML Railroad. Eagle Pass is home to several
industries and has regularly scheduled passenger service provided
by the Southern Pacific. The road is mountainous with deep valleys,
streams, and long steep grades.
- East Central Indiana Railroad:
A modern short line operating out of Henderson in North Central Indiana
southward over the ex-New York Central (CCC&StL) North Vernon Secondary
purchased from Penn Central and Conrail. (9/26/98)
Eastern Missouri Railway:
A fictional bridge line operating in and around St. Louis, also
featuring the Missouri Pacific and St. Louis Union Station.
- Elliana and Heritage RR:
A freelance HO scale railroad with
lots of action! Tips and stories about the creation of the E&H RR.
- Erie Lackawanna In HO Scale:
If you are interested in the
Erie Lackawanna check out my version of it in HO scale. I make my
modeling in a small spare-room and try to build my version of the EL in
the early 70īs. (7/9/99)
- Erie Lackawanna
Scranton Division in 1975: Prototype information and HO scale
model, includes plans, present-day photos, and prototype operations
- The EU-BAHN:
A Freelanced Home Layout project based on European Prototypes.
- Everywhere West: A 11' x 56' double deck layout based on 1969 C.B.&Q. before the BN merger. NCE DCC system with CMRI for controlling the signals. CTC dispatcher controlled interlocking plants along with over 60' of triple track main. (8-8-09)
- [Bob Boudreau's] Fundy Northern Railroad:
Information on Bob Boudreau's modeling, with a clinic on model railroad
- The Franklin and South Manchester Railway:
Located in the
heart of the Fine Scale Miniatures factory on the second floor of a
building in downtown Peabody Square, Peabody Massachusetts.
- Frisco Railroad: This is a web site of my model railroad
and some photos of real railroads.
- Gauley River Railroad Model Railroad:
This site shows
construction progress of building a 10 x 10 ho scale model railroad.
While sometimes the progress gets slow, the owner of the site and model
railroad, will update it with pictures of recent railfanning trips.
Gila Pacific Rail Road:
This freelance HO scale short line railroad located someplace in the rugged mountains of the Pacific Northwest,
circa 1938 is the work of model builder Ron Tarjany, MMR #55. (12-15-07)
[John Allen's] Gorre and Daphetid - A Reminiscence: Newly discovered photos and
slides in gallery format with accompanying commentary and research pages featuring
all three Gorre layouts. (4-3-06)
- Grafton & Greenbrier Railroad:
Lin Young's freelanced HO
modern railroad running through WV and linking the East Coast with the
Midwest, North, and South. (6/30/97)
- Grande Pacific Model Railroad: HO gauge layout that runs from the eastern slopes of the Rockies to the Pacific Ocean. Layout started in 2008. Triple decked in 850 square foot building. (9-2-09)
- Great Northern - Down Under:
My layout is based on the Great Northern in NW Montana in the 1950's. It
is built for operation with DCC and uses car cards and waybills.
- Great Lakes Eastern Railroad Company: The new Great Lakes
Eastern has changed focus to a fictional former Guilford (MEC)
branchline in western Maine, reaching from Leeds Jct. to near Quebec
Grosser's Nostalgia Trip: Grosser's Nostalgia Trip, an HO scale layout
with many memories of structures and places scratch built by Renee Grosser on
the railroad. It is mainly our 1950s version of the Soo Line and Great Northern
railroads at Glenwood Minnesota and Waite Park Minnesota.
Hampton & St
Martins Railway: This southern New Brunswick railway was abandoned in reality in 1940,
but continues today in model form. Website has prototype and model info
and photos. (1-3-05)
- HO Gauge Model Railroads of Northwest Arkansas: HO Gauge Model Railroads of
Northwest Arkansas. Based on prototypes, all operational using DCC and switchlist or car cards.
- An HO Scale Mini Empire:
The Clarksville B&O is a small (8x8.5
feet) HO scale layout created by a father and son team.
- HO Trains & Miniature Dioramas:
Take a tour of many HO scale dioramas that will find a permanent home on
my 8'x18' layout.
- [Craig Bisgeier's] Housatonic Railroad:
Describes the HO scale
1892 era model railroad layout being built by Craig Bisgeier. Also
includes layout design and construction tips. (1/27/01)
- Holzheimerbahn: Swiss HO layout, Point to Point type, prototypic operation, self
constructed models, and many features, build by Hugo Schwilch.
- Iceman & Son's HO Railroading Page:
A small layout with many
pictures. This site is Santa Fe, with all the paint schemes from '75 to
- Interactive Model Railroad Gallery:
European model railroad. (8/25/97)
- Inyo & White Mountain Railroad:
Jeffrey Sipress' highly
detailed HO layout depicting Eastern CA in the 1930s through 1950s, with
some narrow gauge. Featured in August 1998 Model Railroader.
- Iron Ore Railway:
Bo Justusson's HO layout depicting a branch
line for transport of iron ore from a mine on a mountain down to a main
station that has a small harbor and an outgoing track (thought to lead
to the national railway network). (7/1/97)
- Jersey Northern Railroad: Double deck, point to point free lance layout. (3-26-06)
- Jims Model Train Site: Website for the Chesapeake and Santa Fe Terminal RR, a
shunting / point to point HO scale railroad.
- Joshi's Museum of Miniature Trains: Describes a private museum of miniature trains at Pune in western India. A rare opportunity for students in India. (5/11/02)
Johnstown & Gerryville Railroad:
Video Tour! (15 min) A model railroad set in western Pennsylvania in the early
From the Atlanta Convention. (7-24-13)
- Kade Railroad in West Virginia: The Kade Railroad and its connections with both the Baltimore and Ohio
and the Western Maryland from Grafton WV west.
- Lackawanna Terminal: Steve Kay's HO freelanced railroad
complete with history, trackplan, and equipment information.
- Lambing Flat:
An HO layout based on an imaginary
cross-country line of the NSW Government Railway of Australia, and
information on the steam era of the NSWGR. (3/5/99)
- L & L Railroad: Larry Epkins' free-lanced HO
railroad that offers continuous running, lots of staging room, an open time period, both pssenger and freight
operations, and room to add an upper level.
- Lehigh Valley Railroad, PA Div.:
A layout based on the Lehigh Valley Railroad and it's connections, in 1972.
- Logging RR in Austria, Europe:
Lots of scratch-built American
logging RR models and rare European prototypes. (6/12/01)
- Lone Pine Model Railroad: An American based model railroad in H O scale.
Modelled in the 1950's with a focus on Union Pacific.
- Lone Wolf and Santa Fe Railroad:
Freelance railroad built with
walk around operation in mind as well as scenery, lighting, and sound
- Long Island Rail Road
Montauk Branch: An HO scale shelf layout depicting Long Island
City in September 1963. David Barrow's domino construction style was
- Los Feliz & North Western Railroad:
John Bruce. (8-27-03)
Next: HO Layout Tours (M-Z)
This section maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org updated: July 24, 2013